Friday, November 13, 2009

See you again Adam.

This is a little letter to a friend.

ADAM

What is the definition of a father - the founder of a family.

What is the definition of a Son – a male child; the male offspring of a parent father and mother.

What is the definition of a brother – a male with the same parents as another child, sibling or a relative you share your life with.

What is the definition of a husband - a married man; a woman's partner in marriage

What is the definition of a friend - a person you know well and regard with affection and trust.

What is the definition of brotherhood - brotherhood, fraternity, sodality
people engaged in a particular occupation, the feeling that men should treat one another like brothers.

What is the definition of friendship - the state of being friends; friendly relation, or attachment to a person, or between persons; affection arising from mutual esteem and good will; friendliness; amity

Those are the definitions of a typical person, but we all know that Adam was far and away more then those basic definitions of a person.

What is in a name – For some a name fits and it can easily describe one person. For Adam it was an exact fit. According to Genesis in the Old Testament - Adam created from the earth by God, or of the Earth, It can also be derived from Hebrew name ADAM meaning "to be red" which is ironic as his wrestling trunks where red.

As I write about Adam, I am just starting to understand the things that Adam believed in….. We should learn from Adam, start to look at ourselves and take things from Adam and apply them to our lives and learn from him, become the brother, son, father, husband, friend that he is.

Just scratching the surface of Adam, I am just starting to understand his passion, love, respect that defined him as the great person he is. Passion , that word so aptly describes Adam, and how he took on life. When I met Adam, I could tell quickly he had passion for the activities he pursued in life, such as his family, for his son.

One of our activities that started to become part of our friendship was the search for that DVD for his son. Now I am sure Adam enjoyed watching the DVD he would find just as much as, or even more so than his son Thomas. I can see them both sitting or laying on the floor watching Transformers. I can see Adam, once the DVD was finished of course, going getting the box of Transformers out and acting out the Transformers DVD that he and his son just enjoyed together.

That is what impressed me the most about Adam. That he was a father first. I am not impressed by the ropes he climbed or the things he said. But let me say this, I am impressed with who he was as a father. His passion for his son was what made me admire him so much. Adam was many things to many people, but I closing let me say this.

Adam is and always will be
A Friend
A Son
A Brother
A Husband
And a Father.


Talk to you again soon Adam. You will be greatly missed by people who loved you more, but I will miss you just the same.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home