Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weight Off My Chest

Being one day after Adam's funeral service and talking to his family, it seems that I have had a bit of weight off my chest. I sat with Ken and his wife at the service, Ken being MR THUG, and the man I was in the car accident with. More on that in a moment.

I seem to be able to breath a bit today. Maybe its a little easier with the closure of a funeral service. I know that there is another service today, and I asked Ken if he wanted to attend, and he said that he had said his piece. I know that churches are difficult for Ken to enter, not due to his religious beliefs, but his personal beliefs. At least that is the vibe I get from Ken.

The weather isn't the best today, but I look outside and the air is cool, and the air is clean and I wonder what Adam is doing. Some time ago, Adam had mentioned to me that his dream was to work in the video division for WWE and spend the rest of his life making DVDs with obscure matches and themes. With Adams creativity I am sure he would have made some interesting DVD's for Vince to sell.

Now just so all of you know, Ken was the driver in an accident that I was in several weeks ago with Adam. We where traveling home from a wrestling show in Campbell River and while we were driving home a 600 lb six point, two sector Elk that stood over 10ft tall hit the van that Ken was driving. Now I have to say this, Ken saved our lives. His defensive driving experience aloud me to come home the next day.

Yesterday that is all that ran through my head, how did we live through it just for Adam to take his life a few weeks later. Now Ken did mention something to me that I agreed with, and that he believed that his defensive driving skills gave Adam more time with his son, and I totally agree with that.

Now, I have put allot of thought into some things that have happened over the last few days. Two memorial shows for Adam, his service, offers to help offset the cost of his funeral and a fund to start an education fund for Adams son Thomas.

I am not sure where i stand on helping those funds as I have some personal issues that are entwined with the church that Adam was a member of. The Mormon church tends to take tithing from people income and I am not interested in supporting a fund that could possibly be raided for the benefit a religious organization that I am not to fond of. If it can be shown to me that the fund will not be touched, then I will make every effort to help that cause.

I am glad I rediscovered my blog, as it has acted as a sound board for me to talk to. I am not sure how many people are logging on to my site anymore, but it feels good to get this out and off my chest.

With all that said today, I am going to sit back, watch some CFL and NFL football today and relax and remember my friend Adam.

Shaun Myall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home